Leisure Lines

REFLECTIONS from a practitioner and educator who served 44 years in the field of recreation and leisure services

Wednesday, November 01, 2017

A Grateful Heart


NOVEMBER, when it comes around, always reminds me that I need to be more thankful. No doubt, one big reason is because Thanksgiving Day occurs in November every year! It's a time when most everyone is reminded that there is - at the very least - a thing or two for which to be thankful.

But for me, it's more than just that. I came into this world during this special month. So quite naturally I reflect back to my Godly parents, grandparents, and family. I realize that blessings, provisions, and gifts have been poured out upon me.

Some of the basic blessings for me are food, clothing, and shelter. But I never want to take any of these for granted. Plus, there are so many other things: all the way from tiny to huge, and a lot in-between. For example, heat or air conditioning when needed; a meandering bike ride; quiet time with a good book; golf on a day with 68 to 72 degrees in temperatures; wonderful friends; visits with my Son; or time with my Honey!

While it would be impossible to list all of the things for which I am thankful, still I am exceedingly grateful each and every day. Below are a few additional thoughts pertaining to thankfulness.

-- Life itself -  I am thankful for every new day.  Life, a precious gift from our Creator, is spelled "TIME." All of us have only 168 hours each week. We need to spend them wisely - especially our leisure hours.

-- Health - I am thankful for overall good health. All of us need to do our part in maintaining a healthy lifestyle, and being pro-active in taking care of ourselves as best we can.

-- Strength - I am thankful to be able to get up and out of bed each day. All of us need to be aware of exercising our muscles and moving our bodies.

-- Energy - I am thankful for the "zip" that I have most days. All of us need to have a zest for life that puts a spring in our steps!

-- Spirit - I am thankful for the "sparkle" that I have most days. All of us need to display a cheerful disposition as best we can. This will cause us to smile more, to have a song in our hearts, and perhaps enable us to whistle a happy tune!

-- Answered prayers - I am thankful to see results to my requests made to God. His answers might be "yes," "no," or "wait." All of us have the opportunity to call out to God, and to pray. It's exciting to see answers to prayers - even (or especially) when they are unexpected!

This one thing I know: God is good! His loving kindness and tender mercies create within me a grateful heart and pure joy.
______
                                       
                                          Free Thanksgiving Dinner for Community provided by 
                                                    Harbor Docks in Destin, Florida. Donations were accepted
                                                    which went to support Habitat for Humanity.



2 Comments:

  • At 4:01 PM, Blogger MATINA said…


    I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

     
  • At 10:37 AM, Blogger Max D said…

    I panicked when I saw the first herpes sore. The medicines couldn't heal the sores completely, my whole life I was entirely desperate. Till I found the natural permanent cure for herpes through Nze Njoku Herbal Home, I felt like I was born-again. You can get rid of herpes from now on, too
    Reach Nze Njoku Herbal Home on
    nzenjokuherbalhome@gmail.com
    +2349072733661.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home